Unaddressed emotional trauma may develop into a life-changing force which could quickly spiral out of control and also seriously influence every aspect of a person’s life. Intense trauma can ruin relationships and take apart a whole life that’s been carefully built for years. Severe trauma cases usually need intensive therapy programs that profoundly delve into the foundation of those traumas as a way to reach a resolution. Trauma and Beyond Center ® IOP Trauma Treatment Center offers this kind of intensive program.
What’s IOP Trauma Treatment?
IOP, or Intensive Outpatient Program, is specifically designed for individuals who need intensive treatment but cannot be admitted into an inpatient facility for some or all of the following:
- They do not meet the minimal requirements to be admitted into a residential or inpatient program.
- They are unable to take a prolonged absence from school, work, or different responsibilities.
- They are unable to afford inpatient or residential care.
- They do not require residential treatment yet do require intensive treatment
The Trauma and Beyond ® IOP trauma treatment center program usually includes sessions which are 3 hours long that are as frequent as 3-5 times a week.
Things to Expect From an IOP Program
Trauma and Beyond Center’s treatment programs are specifically built to address the requirements of each individual. Every person reacts differently to certain situations so it isn’t likely that they would respond to the exact treatment in an identical manner. We calibrate each treatment depending on exactly what each client needs and what they’re ready for.
All our clients will be assigned primary therapists that will work in cooperation with specialists of different treatment methods to meet their own particular needs. This group of highly trained therapists and specialists deliver trauma-informed treatments which may incorporate any of the following:
- Affect Regulation
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy
- Dynamic Emotion Focused Therapy (DEFT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Somatic Experiencing
- Trauma Sensitive Yoga
- Trauma Resource Model (TMR)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- NeuroAffective Relational Model (NARM)
Each client’s treatment program will be a blend of modalities based on their diagnoses and their needs.
Why Choose Trauma and Beyond Center’s IOP Trauma Treatment Center Program?
Picking a treatment program to help you deal with your mental and emotional issues could be the initial step towards healing. It’s essential that this treatment is one that’s suitable for your diagnosis plus one which would fit your unique needs.
Choosing Trauma and Beyond Center ® IOP trauma treatment has several benefits, namely:
- It’s less expensive compared to an inpatient or residential treatment program.
- It lets the client utilize the skills they learn from the program in real-world situations that they run into in their everyday lives.
- It protects the privacy of the client.
- The client doesn’t necessarily have to set their own life (family, job, friends, and so forth) on hold to seek therapy.
- It allows the client to continue with their own regular routines
- It enables the client to keep up with their responsibilities.
- It’s far more suitable for clients who aren’t able to leave their young children without proper care.
- It is more suitable for clients who want intensive therapy but can’t leave their home for different reasons.
- It really is more holistically comprehensive in its trauma focus compared to most regular outpatient programs.
Who Would Make for Ideal Candidates for IOP Trauma Treatment?
Such an intensively concentrated treatment program will be best suited for people that are suffering from these illnesses:
- Anxiety and Depression
- Self-harm and suicidal thinking
- Drug and substance abuse (early recovery)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Eating disorders including distorted body image
- Mood disorders
- Interpersonal and childhood trauma
- Withdrawing from others
- Feeling numb or mentally disconnected
- General confusion
- Severe psychiatric ailments such as dissociation, nervousness, and intense mood swings
- Behavioral problems such as peer issues, social stress, impulsivity, and diminished academic performance
- Physical issues such as autoimmune disorders, and somatic based issues such as hypertension and inflammation
Trauma may even show physical signs which may be easily dismissed as symptoms of physical exhaustion. Listed below are the types where they can look:
- Infection Elevated heart and blood pressure
- Muscle strain
- Difficulty sleeping
- Edginess and agitation
Anyone who wants to jump start their treatment with consistent focused and intensive programming will benefit greatly from IOP trauma therapy. IOP treatment gives you an opportunity to focus on your healing in a specialized setting with therapists who understand complex trauma. In addition, if you are experiencing high levels of psychiatric and psychological difficulty at this time you will greatly benefit from the focused and consistent care of IOP treatment. Not just for managing your mental distress or symptom reduction but also for growth promotion in terms of learning to reach for the stars, to find aliveness and excitement in life.
The Trauma and Beyond Center Commitment
We put a lot of emphasis on our clients and their physical and mental well-being. We’ve made it our duty to give them the best quality treatment that they need. Our group of caring and experienced therapists are here to guide you through this difficult period of your life and lead you towards a brighter future.
If you feel that you need help managing your anxiety, depression, or PTSD, call us and we will be happy to discuss with you our IOP trauma treatment program and all of our treatment programs for anxiety, trauma, and other mental health issues. Call us at 818-651-0725.